Monday, May 25, 2015

Week Ending Sunday, May 24, 2015 -- Beta-readers

Editing red pen comments over last manuscript and lining up my beta-readers and sending the work to them via email or snail-mail, so I haven't kept track of my word count.  I'm going to guess...1,500 words.  Paving over a manuscript by the red pen comments in the manuscript is as much a tedious process as it is a productive one.  I got sick again, too, with a sinus infection / virus situation that made my head quite swimming.  Exhausted, too, really early in the day.  Really hard to write, edit, and save correctly that way!

So, yeah, 1,500.  Sorry for the whining.

By the way, I have 7 beta-readers lined up, and I would love 10, and I haven't asked any of my e-friends yet.  I mean, haven't we all been buried by people asking us to read their books and manuscripts?  And I especially feel bad because I haven't had the time to read and comment on too many of anyone else's work lately. 

But if you're an e-friend of mine, and you wouldn't mind being a beta-reader, please let me know by Wednesday the 27th.  My email is on this page somewhere.

Please and thank-you!

2 comments:

  1. Not many words this week - a few queries and blurbs, some back cover copy.

    I would say 1,000 at the most. I am thinking it will be a dry few weeks words wise :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to see that your hand / wrist is still hurting. Think of it as time to catch up on your reading, housework, etc.--whatever you don't do as much when you're busy writing and editing.

      I know that probably didn't help much, but I felt I should try. Hang in there.

      Delete